Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Cry at Night, by Tawanna Johnson

I sit in a room and cry at night. I feel the light but there is not much in sight. The mirror of pain comes at night. It wrecks my brain and makes me go insane. Getting through the night, I have no strength to fight, so I sit in my room and cry at night. The tears roll down my face and my heart begins to race. I think back on how I face the day, with not much to say. My heart is weak and my soul is incomplete. I need a break from this place; take me to a place unknown. I want to be free from this pain I have. Put away my pride; I do not need to hide. The mirror of pain decides my fate, so I sit in my room and I cry at night.

1 comment:

  1. What a sorrowful message, Tawanna. That middle-of-the-night despair can be especially difficult. I hope you have someone to reach out to.

    ReplyDelete