Tuesday, November 17, 2015

This Is Me, by Alex Dinser

Coming out.
More than a proverbial phrase;
a weight being lifted.

True colors;
no shades.
Baring one’s soul;
vulnerability to become whole.

Fear holds us back;
waiting for the attack.
A yearning to be true;
the journey begins anew.

Heartache juxtaposed with joy.
A step into the unknown;
darkness or light.
Momentum driven by acceptance;
knowing resistance may come.

All I know.
All I’ve become.
This is me,
and I’m ready.

No more hiding.
No more questioning.
Strength,
Courage,
and Fearlessness.
Attributes to live by.

A revelation of self.
Feelings from within,
brought to the surface to shine.

Stability;
peace of mind.

But most of all,
a window into life.
My life.
The life I desire.
The life I want to share with those important to me.

I am a lesbian,
and I am exceedingly proud of it!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. No one should have to live a lie, Alex. To be accepted for who you are is not such a great thing to ask of others.

    ReplyDelete