Thursday, November 19, 2015

Please Excuse My Loneliness, by Katrise Hall



Woke up in a lonely bed, seemed like an autumn day,
I saw a masculine silhouette,
wiped my eyes,
your image faded away.

I got out of bed,
bathed myself,
dressed myself,
without your help.

I opened my front door,
the fresh breeze hit me,
just like you did my walls,
you’d move so swiftly.

I put on my suede-insulated raincoat,
and walked out my front door,
once you heard my black suede heels,
you’d see me no more.

I went to work,
then went to school,
to pick up my baby,
who was only two.

Just for a treat,
took my baby to the diner,
for an ice cream cone,
which was only minor.

I sat in the booth,
where me & my ex-boyfriend met,
he’s my baby's father, he left me,
I wish he was sentenced to death.

Speakin’ of the devil,
the bastard approached me,
“Why long face? Lack of happiness? “
I grabbed my baby's hand and said,
“Please excuse my loneliness.”

1 comment:

  1. People can be so clueless, can't they, Katrise? Your last line packs a punch.

    ReplyDelete